Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #1

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday, book bloggers post a top ten list in response to a predetermined prompt. To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday, or see a list of future topics , head on over the The Broke and the Bookish.


June 17th: Top Ten Books for People Who Like X Book (Pick a book and pick 10 read-alikes).


So, I decided to do my Top Ten Tuesday one of my my favourites books, if not my favourite book ever, On The Jellicoe Road, a contemporary YA novel set in Australia. I don't think any synopsis I make up for it gives it the justice it deserves. It's seriously that good. Find it here. 


Top Ten Books for people who like On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


1) If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman.
Read it and weep, seriously.


2) Pushing the Limits by Kate McGarry.
This one isn't quite out yet, but it is amazing. Check out my review for it here. A really wonderful story. 


3) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
Like Melina Marchetta's books, this book will break your heart. Again, and again, and again. And when you finish, every time someone mentions it you will cry buckets of tears 


4) Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta.
Another one of Marchetta's great novels. Includes broken characters with a whole lot of depth, fabulous writing (as always), great friendships and first loves. Focuses on family.


5) Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols.
Great characters and character development and a unique plot. Great romance. Hot damn.


6) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.
Follows a girl who relives her last day seven times. A great reflection of high school and the people in it. Loads of great character development. A cute boy. 


7) All I Ever Wanted by Vikki Wakefield.
A lesser known novel by another Australian author. It's just really great. You should read it.


8) This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen.
It's a Sarah Dessen book. Need I say more?


9) Looking For Alaska by John Green.
Just read it. Seriously.


10) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
I feel like every person on the planet has read this book already, but still. A beautiful yet haunting novel about a boy's freshman (I think?) year in high school. 


(This list was in no particular order.)

6 comments:

  1. I love Jellicoe Road and I love every single one of your choices. The only one I haven't read is All I Ever Wanted. Great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent excellent list!! I just finished Jellicoe Road not too long ago so this is perfect. I adore If I Stay/Where She Went and I'm reading Pushing the Limits in a couple weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Jellicoe Road. Now I feel I MUST. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely read it! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your list! I haven't read Jellicoe Road yet BUT I heard amazing things about the book!

    Top Ten Tuesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Jellicoe yet but I definitely need to get to it. I've heard so many great things.

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete